Redesigning AutoTraderCA to increase efficiency and satisfaction.
Being a heavy user of the app, I noticed a few things that could be improved for users. Firstly, "list a car" is bit of a tedious process (filled with tons of text-fields in one page), and there is no way to know who you contacted previously.
Other than my personal experience, I wanted to know the issues users were facing. So, I started by conducting user-testing on potential and current users for the app. I created a set of tasks for my participants, and tracked their reactions/words through-out the process.
To validate the usability test results, I went to app store to find other problems users faced. Some people who use the app also use the web app and found missing features on the app.
I created low-fidelty wireframes to understand where the content should be placed on the screens. After the competitor analysis, it was clear that our app needed to catch up to the standard navigation and user-flow. I tested the wireframes on the same participants and they found "Sell my car" task to be more intuitive compared to the current app.
Try selling your car on the prototype!
Design is never finished. As I continue to learn more about UX and UI, I understood the advantage of bottom menu compared to hamburger menu. It was time to iterate the navigation pattern to allow more efficient user-flow and switching between tasks. The updated UI is an additional improvement within the past few months.